HCI Mode audio routing to I2S

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AA
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello cypress community,

our company would like to use one of the following two bluetooth chips CYBT-413055-02 or CYBT-413061-02. Our requirements are:

1. Use the open source BlueZ bluetooth stack. This implies the usage of the HCI mode for the communication between our host CPU and the bluetooth chip.

2. Audio in-/output for the A2DP and HFP profiles shall be routed to the I2S interface of the bluetooth chip, which is connected to an external DSP. Therefore the de-/encoding of audio data shall be done on the bluetooth chip.

Our problem is with the 2. requirement. To my understanding it is the default for encoded audio data to be send along the interface using HCI (in this case UART). Does the firmware support the following use case:

UART in HCI mode for the communication, while using I2S to route the audio data (in-/output).

And if it is not supported, then is it possible to write an application for either of this bluetooth chips, which does the audio routing to the I2S interface? I would be really grateful for your kind help.

Best regards,

AA

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

@AA ,

Above modules having CYW20721 does support your second requirement. It can accept commands over UART and i2s input can be used with it. Please refer watch demo example available for reference.

https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-btsdk-audio-watch

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

@AA ,

Above modules having CYW20721 does support your second requirement. It can accept commands over UART and i2s input can be used with it. Please refer watch demo example available for reference.

https://github.com/Infineon/mtb-example-btsdk-audio-watch

0 Likes
AA
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

@SheetalJ ,

thank you for your fast reply. We will look into this example.

Best regards,

AA

0 Likes