Cypress Linux WiFi (FMAC) git repo (Broken)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoNe_950711
Level 1
Level 1
First like received Welcome!

Hey Guys,

According to this old document written by PrasanthK_06, Cypress use to have a git repo setup for the brcm80211 patchset:

List of Kernel patches - FMAC

However, that server looks to be now dead, has Cypress moved this somewhere else?

git clone --verbose --progress git://git-iot.aus.cypress.com/wiced/hnd/brcm/linux/brcm80211.git

Cloning into 'brcm80211'...

Looking up git-iot.aus.cypress.com ... fatal: unable to look up git-iot.aus.cypress.com (port 9418) (Name or service not known)

Currently we are using Chi-HsienL_21 2020-01-15 release Cypress Linux WiFi Driver Release (FMAC) [2020-01-15] , however i'm not really looking forward to again forward porting that 154 patch-set from my v4.19.x version to v5.4.x..

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi RoNe_950711

My mistake on links

I can understand your concern, and bitrot is not something anybody wants. We are trying our best in getting the patches approved , documented and upstreamed to the mainline.

Warm Regards,

VinayakS_26

View solution in original post

3 Replies
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

Hi @RoNe_950711

Just to clarify, The link ..(git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git). is an internal Cypress git repo.

And the link .git://git-iot.aus.cypress.com/wiced/hnd/brcm/linux/brcm80211.git. is the external repo with the changes upstreamed to it from Cypress from the last release.

I think you need to swap your internal/external words in that statement above.    Linus would not give you that permission..

So as 'you' will say, the git repo git-iot.aus.cypress.com is only 'internal' to Cypress, can Cypress start mirroring that repo to your GitHub account.  It would be immensely more useful then the 'semi-random' snapshots you currently do.

If you don't mirror that repo, what is Cypress's real plan? Currently you have 155 patches targeting v4.14.x, are these ever going to be submitted mainline, or just allowed to bitrot?

Regards,

0 Likes

Hi RoNe_950711

My mistake on links

I can understand your concern, and bitrot is not something anybody wants. We are trying our best in getting the patches approved , documented and upstreamed to the mainline.

Warm Regards,

VinayakS_26