Bring up of CYW4343 under Linux and Buildroot

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
marcin
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi!

I'm representing Conclusive Engineering we are creating a custom board that utilizes CYW4343WKUBG chip for WiFi and Bluetooth connections. Based on public documentation the chip in the WLBGA package was directly embedded in the board design. Connection to the main CPU is made using SDIO for WLAN and UART for Bluetooth.

Our current status is having the chipset detected on the SDIO bus and the Linux kernel module tried to start the hardware by loading firmware files. We are based on a 5.8 kernel version and Buildroot based root file system.

We have a problem with bringing up of the CYW4343 chip. What we are missing is the firmware package for the chip and
NVRAM settings file. While I've found some firmware files in linux-firmware.git repository I don't know where should I get proper NVRAM settings text file and if some correlation between the firmware and nvram file exists.

Thank you for your support.

Best,Marcin

0 Likes
1 Solution
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi Marcin,

Typically we do not encourage Chip On Board designs, but suggest you to work with one of our Module partners like Murata, Liard, USI & others. They have certified modules and would be able to support you with all the necessary files, NVRAM / Firmware & CLM Blob.

If you still need a Chip On Board design, we request you to contact an Infineon Sales representative either directly or through one of our authorized distributors. 

Regards

Winston. 

Regards
Winston

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi Marcin,

Typically we do not encourage Chip On Board designs, but suggest you to work with one of our Module partners like Murata, Liard, USI & others. They have certified modules and would be able to support you with all the necessary files, NVRAM / Firmware & CLM Blob.

If you still need a Chip On Board design, we request you to contact an Infineon Sales representative either directly or through one of our authorized distributors. 

Regards

Winston. 

Regards
Winston
0 Likes