BT 5.1 on CYW4343 it's work?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AlCu_1279586
Level 1
Level 1
5 likes given First like given

I can run Coded Phy 1M and 2M?

And about LE 2M and LE 1M? Works at CYW4343?

AoA and AoD works too?

0 Likes
1 Solution

While the CYW4343W is certified for BT 5.0 with the latest patches and security fixes, it does not support any of the BT 5 optional features.

If you are interested in a BT 5 dual-band combo device that is ultra low power, take a look at the CYW43012.  This device supports BT 5 2Mb/s PHY and is also fully supported with PSoC 6 inside of ModusToolbox

View solution in original post

12 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi AlCu_1279586 ,

LE2M , AoA / AoD is not supported yet on CYW4343 chip.

Regards,
Anjana

Thanks Anjana.

And about I can run Coded Phy 1M and 2M? Run?

Regards

0 Likes

While the CYW4343W is certified for BT 5.0 with the latest patches and security fixes, it does not support any of the BT 5 optional features.

If you are interested in a BT 5 dual-band combo device that is ultra low power, take a look at the CYW43012.  This device supports BT 5 2Mb/s PHY and is also fully supported with PSoC 6 inside of ModusToolbox

I notice that the CYW43012 it's used at Murata module 1LV:

https://wireless.murata.com/type-1lv.html

The Linux drivers for use this device at a iMX7 NXP processor it's avaliable? Do you know this?

0 Likes

Yes. Please reach out to Murata locally and they will walk you through the Embedded Artist m.2 offering for i.MX 6/7/8

pastedImage_0.png

Very good to know. Thanks for the answer.

But our customer choose the SOM from Compulab and need to put the Murata module to work with this SOM:

SOM-iMX7-C1000D-D256-N128-E2

SOM-iMX7-C1000D-D1G-N4G-E2

https://www.compulab.com/products/computer-on-modules/cl-som-imx7-freescale-i-mx-7-system-on-module/...

In this case Linux device drivers are not avaliable, it's this?

Could you confirm?

Regards

0 Likes

Not familiar with Compulab, but either Compulab or Murata should be able to discuss Linux driver availability for this SOM.

Ok.

I will talk with Compulab and Murata reps here in Brazil to try to assist the customer.

And just to confirm: whit CYW43012 I can run Coded Phy 1M and 2M? And LE 2M and LE 1M? AoA and AoD works too?

0 Likes

LE 2M and LE 1M.

Coded PHY and ALE are not supported on this device

AoA and AoD support is not available by default either.

Ok.

Thank you.

I will inform to the customer that they just can use LE 2M and LE 1M at CYW43012.

And can't use Coded PHY and ALE or AoA and AoD.

Regards,

0 Likes

AlCu_1279586

Does the Compulab SOM use a Murata module, or one from another manufacture?  If the latter, than what role does the Murata module you referenced serve in the use case?

0 Likes

No..

Compulab have a SOM model with a TI WiLink8 WiFi + Bluetooth module.

But the customer will buy a verson without wireless module and will use the Murata Module outside, in a baseboard that they will develop.

0 Likes