wiced_tcp_receive() failing to receive packets larger than 1k and TLS enabled

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaGr_2160016
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

I could not figure out why wiced_tcp_receive() fatally fails when the server is trying to send packets of about 1k or larger. Not only wiced_tcp_receive() fails with WICED_ERROR but it is unable to receive any packets, evan smaller than 1k, after the first failure.

I have tried to change the WICED_TCP_WINDOW_SIZE as hinted in another thread, and to increase the application stack but with no luck.

I am using SDK 2.1.1 and LwIP with TLS enabled, but it happens with NetX as well. This problem does not appear if I disable TLS. It looks like if the library is unable to break down reception in multiple packets with TLS enabled, because when used without TLS, wiced_tcp_receive() returns multiple times with total packet sizes that fail with TLS.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Marco G.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
There have been a number of improvements to TLS since SDK-2.1, including for issues like this.

Please merge your code into SDK-2.3.1 and let me know if this issue still occurs
0 Likes
MaGr_2160016
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given
There have been a number of improvements to TLS since SDK-2.1, including for issues like this.

Please merge your code into SDK-2.3.1 and let me know if this issue still occurs

Building OpenOCD on Mountain Lion was not an easy endeavor. However, it seems it was worth the effort, as I can now receive large messages even with TLS enabled. Thank you for the suggestion.
0 Likes