what is purpose of factory_reset_dct.c in temp_control demo

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this file factory_reset_dct.c file in temp_control demo example, but I do not see it being used anywhere, nor is it included anywhere. So I was wondering what is the use of it and why it exists there.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Shatruddha,

Which version of the SDK are you making use of? Latest version 3.3.1 do not consist of any file with the name "factory_reset_dct.c".

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey

I'm using version 3.1.2

I wanted to shift to 3.3.1, but what I got to know from the community that there are installation problems. Once those are fixed, I'd love to escalate to new version. Meanwhile, can you explain what was the purpose of this file in version 3.1.2?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

dct file is nothing but Device configuration Table file, where it stores certain data required by the device at the time of boot up, it stores up the values like feed_id, api_key and and channel_id

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Vjatti,

that much I understand, more specific to my question, if I declare a struct the way its there in factory_reset_dct file and declare this file as application dct in the makefile, will it load the struct initialization at location mapped for application dct?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will load the struct, but would not help in modifying the application dct. Reading or writing to DCT implementation is changed in WICED SDK 3.3.1. You can refer to snip->dct_read_write application.  Also it would be great to let us know what you are trying, we can help you answer ?

0 Likes