snip.scan not able to scan my AP

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All,

I am working on wiced SDK3.5.2 with wifi module SN8205.

I download snip.scan and scan available wifi and show in serial terminal. But i get the problem with it does not able to show the my AP.

You can see in the image.

In this image i give the detail of the available scaned wifi AP. , my AP properties and .wireless netwrok shown in wifi network.

Need help...

snip.scan.png

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you please check whether your AP has good RSSI for detection. Because in this snip.scan we are just detecting the AP, where your AP should get detected.

Are you able to connect you phone to your AP? This will help us to check whether the AP is working fine or not.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello rash,

I check  my AP and it show good RSSI and excellent signal , it is working fine and it also work fine in my laptop and mobile.

so have you any solution please send me...

0 Likes
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

The SN8205 is an STM32F215RGT6 MCU + BCM43362 WiFi Radio. The BCM43362 radio only supports 2.4 GHz and it will not scan and detect 5GHz APs. Make sure the AP in question is 2.4GHz.

Thanks,

Seyhan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello seyhan

Thanks for your reply.

Yes , I know that SN8205 operate 2.5Ghz and I also Check it my wifi is operate at 2.5Ghz. and also detect other wifi which operate at 2.5Ghz.

But my wifi module SN8205 not able to scan my wifi. Which you shown in above my post picture.

When i hard coded config it using dect_read_write.c it work fine.

So I am confuse about it, why not able to scan my wifi ?

Thanks,

Chintan

0 Likes

Which channel of your AP ?

Which country code you configure in your WICED module ?

If your AP locate on channel 12,13,14!

your WICED should configure to the country to support those channel!

Anonymous
Not applicable

chintan​ Have you applied the patch for SN8xxxx to WICED? See Murata Platform files available for SDK3.7.0

Best Regards