older versions of WICED SDK?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mzimmers
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi all -

Does anyone know how I could get a copy of version 2.4.1 of the WICED SDK?

Thanks...

0 Likes
1 Solution
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

WICED 2.4.1 is an outdated version and is no longer supported. Upgrading to the latest  6.6 SDK is advisable. If you need 2.4.1, contact your local sales/marketing representative.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Murali_R

WICED 2.4.1 is an outdated version and is no longer supported. Upgrading to the latest  6.6 SDK is advisable. If you need 2.4.1, contact your local sales/marketing representative.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi MuraliR_36 -

I know it's outdated, but I'm recreating a customer build based on that version, so upgrading isn't an option. Are there no archives maintained for retrieving old versions?

Thanks...

0 Likes
Murali_R

The issue is, I think that 2.4.1 was prior to the broadcom's IOT acquisition by us. So I need to check with our internal team from then for the archives and check. Will get in touch with you once I find it.

0 Likes

@Murali_R wrote:

WICED 2.4.1 is an outdated version and is no longer supported. Upgrading to the latest  6.6 SDK .

The firmware built by latest 6.6 SDK is not compatible with 2.4.1.
What is the latest sdk that is compatible with 2.4.1?

0 Likes

Yes agreed. If you are looking only from a WLAN firmware perspective, any WLAN firmware that came pre WICED 5.X should be compatible out of the box. For the later ones, we'll have to integrate the CLM BLOB with the WLAN firmware and that should make it compatible.
But if you are looking from an overall SDK perspective, where you can pick and place apps between WICED versions 6.X, that I am not sure as I haven't worked with such old versions of the SDK.

0 Likes

BTW, the latest 6.6 SDK was released 1 year ago.
e.g. It uses the mbedTLS-v2.16.6 and FreeRTOS-v9.0.0 which are pretty old and have security issues.
When will a new SDK release available?

0 Likes