importing Wiced SDK into eclipse in linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I recently got a Wiced development board and Im trying to import the SDK into eclipse in my ubuntu 13.04 environment. I floowed the instructions as started in Appendix C of the "Wiced Development System" document, but after trying to build the snip.scan example, I get an arror:

15:51:07 **** Build of configuration Default for project Wiced ****

make snip.scan-BCM943362WCD4-debug download run

wiced_toolchain_common.mk:153: *** incorrect make used (make) - please use:  (Windows) .make.exe <target_string>    (OS X, Linux) ./make <target_string>.  Stop.

15:51:07 Build Finished (took 113ms)

Is this sdk supposed to work on a linux environment?

Best regards,

Chafik
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the WICED SDK works with Linux.

This link may be useful:

Re: Need Linux driver support for WICED eval board

Overview

The 7zip version of the SDK can be used with Linux (but this version does not include the Eclipse IDE like the Windows installer version).

Unzip the SDK with 7zip on Linux.

We dont have nicely wrapped up instructions for Linux install.

Rough instructions follow...

Non-Root USB access in Linux

Ubuntu Linux only allows access to USB devices by super-users by default.

To enable normal users to access USB, as is required to load WICED boards, create a file called 67-wiced-JTAG.rules with the following text and put it in /etc/udev/rules.d/

(Tested in Ubuntu 10.04)

# udev rules file for WICED USB JTAG interface, to allow use by non super-users

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0a5c", ATTR{idProduct}=="43fa", GROUP="hwlab", MODE="0666"

WICED USB Serial port in Linux

WICED evaluation boards use a FTDI chip which provides UART-over-USB functionality.

WICED boards have a custom VID/PID, hence are not identified as a FTDI virtual com port by Linux.

To load the driver when using the BCM9WCD1EVAL1 board, issue the following command:

sudo modprobe ftdi_sio vendor=0x0a5c product=0x43fa

The serial port will be available on /dev/ttyUSB1 (provided other ttyUSB devices are not already present in the system)

GLIBC version in Linux

The toolchain is currently compiled for glibc-2.11  : Works fine with recent versions of Ubuntu etc but many of the extremely old versions of Redhat in use by WLAN will not work.

Linux 64 Bit support

The SDK toolchain is compiled for 32 bit Linux. To run it on a 64 bit machine, you&#8217;ll need to get the ia32-libs package.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
This error indicates that make is not picking up which OS you are using. The makefile needs to know if this is Win32 / Linux32 / Linux64 / OSX.

Error Signature:

wiced_toolchain_common.mk:153: *** incorrect make used (make) - please use: (Windows) .make.exe <target_string> (OS X, Linux) ./make <target_string>. Stop.

Fix:

I dont know if this is the best place but I assigned my OS type in wiced_toolchain_common.mk

Edit WICED-SDK/wiced_toolchain_common.mk and add:

HOST_OS = Linux64
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, the WICED SDK works with Linux.

This link may be useful:

Need Linux driver support for WICED eval board

Overview

The 7zip version of the SDK can be used with Linux (but this version does not include the Eclipse IDE like the Windows installer version).

Unzip the SDK with 7zip on Linux.

We dont have nicely wrapped up instructions for Linux install.

Rough instructions follow...

Non-Root USB access in Linux

Ubuntu Linux only allows access to USB devices by super-users by default.

To enable normal users to access USB, as is required to load WICED boards, create a file called 67-wiced-JTAG.rules with the following text and put it in /etc/udev/rules.d/

(Tested in Ubuntu 10.04)

# udev rules file for WICED USB JTAG interface, to allow use by non super-users

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0a5c", ATTR{idProduct}=="43fa", GROUP="hwlab", MODE="0666"

WICED USB Serial port in Linux

WICED evaluation boards use a FTDI chip which provides UART-over-USB functionality.

WICED boards have a custom VID/PID, hence are not identified as a FTDI virtual com port by Linux.

To load the driver when using the BCM9WCD1EVAL1 board, issue the following command:

sudo modprobe ftdi_sio vendor=0x0a5c product=0x43fa

The serial port will be available on /dev/ttyUSB1 (provided other ttyUSB devices are not already present in the system)

GLIBC version in Linux

The toolchain is currently compiled for glibc-2.11  : Works fine with recent versions of Ubuntu etc but many of the extremely old versions of Redhat in use by WLAN will not work.

Linux 64 Bit support

The SDK toolchain is compiled for 32 bit Linux. To run it on a 64 bit machine, you
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
The MI01 interface is configured as a UART.

The MI01 interface (UART) should be setup to use the standard FTDI UART + Virtual COM Port (VCP) driver.

The MI00 interface is configured as a USB-JTAG
0 Likes