gedday service discovery

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I set up a board-A to act as the gedday host which provides a _http_tcp.local service in the network.

Call the gedday_discover_service() in board-B to try to discover the service provided by board-A. (board-A and board-B are in same network)

In board-B, The gedday_discover_service() returned 'WICED_SUCCESS', but in the 'service_result', only 'service_name' is valid.

I can not get the ip and port of the board-A.

I also use my iPhone to discovery the service, it is OK, I can see the port/IP address and service name on my iPhone.

Any suggestion? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Reply
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Is this the same result you are trying to read ?

typedef struct

{

wiced_ip_address_t     ip[ 2 ];

/* TODO: IPv6 address */

uint16_t               port;

const char*            service_name;  /* This variable is used internally */

/* This memory for txt string must be released as soon as service structure is processed by the application */

char*                  txt;

/* buffers for instance_name and hostname are allocated dynamically by Gedday

* User of gedday_discover_service must make sure that the memory gets freed as soon as this names are no longer needed */

char*                  instance_name;

char*                  hostname;

wiced_semaphore_t*     semaphore;     /* This variable is used internally */

volatile wiced_bool_t  is_resolved;

} gedday_service_t;

Let us know if you still see issues.

Have you tried it using the latest SDK ?

0 Likes