gedday_init fails sometimes

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BrEl_1782996
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

I'm using Gedday to connect to an Android device.

Gedday works okay most of the time.

Maybe, 5% of the time the gedday_init(...) call fails. I should be more specific. The call blocks & never returns.

Here's the call:

result = gedday_init(

WICED_STA_INTERFACE,

"WICED_Gedday_Discovery_Example"

);

Any insight is helpful.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The issue resolved itself at some point, and the project has moved on since then.

This response is from memory. I'll look at setting time aside to reproduce the issue.

I was having the issue when I was having multiple WICED boards start up at the same time. The WICED boards connect to a control AP along with a PC & an Android device.

Edit: The WICED_RESULT would come back true, but the Android device would never see the advertisement.

The call blocks & never returns. Thanks axel.lin_1746341​ for remembering this better than I did.

The issue doesn't appear anymore. There's a more involved "out of box setup" now, and that means that I don't have a whole set of WICED boards doing their setup at the same time. That might be a red herring (all the boards starting at the same time).

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
BrEl_1782996
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given

I'm on a CYW943907AEVAL1F board.

I'm interested in SSDP also, but it's not supported for this board.

0 Likes
AxLi_1746341
Level 7
Level 7
10 comments on KBA 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

bradelenbaas wrote:

Maybe, 5% of the time the gedday_init(...) call fails. I should be more specific. The call blocks & never returns.

I observed the same issue sometimes - gedday_init() call just never returns.

0 Likes
VinayakS_26
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

It might be that some other device connected to the network is misbehaving and thus causing the Gedday daemon to freeze up. Is there any error message that it returns after some time or some log that you could share with us.

Regards,

Vinayak

The issue resolved itself at some point, and the project has moved on since then.

This response is from memory. I'll look at setting time aside to reproduce the issue.

I was having the issue when I was having multiple WICED boards start up at the same time. The WICED boards connect to a control AP along with a PC & an Android device.

Edit: The WICED_RESULT would come back true, but the Android device would never see the advertisement.

The call blocks & never returns. Thanks axel.lin_1746341​ for remembering this better than I did.

The issue doesn't appear anymore. There's a more involved "out of box setup" now, and that means that I don't have a whole set of WICED boards doing their setup at the same time. That might be a red herring (all the boards starting at the same time).

Thanks.

0 Likes

vnak wrote:

It might be that some other device connected to the network is misbehaving and thus causing the Gedday daemon to freeze up. Is there any error message that it returns after some time or some log that you could share with us.

Regards,

Vinayak

It's clearly meationed that "The gedday_init() call blocks & never returns".

i.e. no error message, no return error code. The device just hang.

0 Likes