failed debug BCM94343 (Avnet IoT Starterkit)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Working with WICED Studio 4.1.0, Win10, Platform BCM94343W_AVN added

Hi

Debugging of the snip.scan sample app on the Avnet IoT Starter Kit  fails. The normal snip.scan app runs without debugger runs.

I followed the debug settings stated in other posts here.

I have target "snip.scan-BCM94343W_AVN-debug download run" copied to "snip.scan-BCM94343W_AVN-debug download run"

Compiling works and last console message is:

Downloading DCT ...

No changes detected

Downloading Application ...

Download complete

Resetting target

Target running

Build complete

Making .gdbinit

10:55:44 Build Finished (took 18s.522ms)

After pressing Debug button, the following message appears on the CDT Build Console:

10:44:28 **** Incremental Build of configuration Default for project 43xxx_Wi-Fi ****

"C:\\Users\\Klaus\\Documents\\WICED\\WICED-Studio-4.1\\43xxx_Wi-Fi\\make.exe" Default

MAKEFILE MAKECMDGOALS=Default OTA2_SUPPORT is disabled

Making config file for first time

tools/makefiles/wiced_config.mk:244: platforms//.mk: No such file or directory

tools/makefiles/wiced_config.mk:255: *** Unknown component: Default.  Stop.

make: *** No rule to make target 'build/Default/config.mk', needed by 'main_app'.  Stop.

10:44:29 Build Finished (took 326ms)

What did I miss?

Thanks for any help!

Klaus

0 Likes
1 Solution
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

From the debug configuration images, the path for GDB command in Debugger tab is not clear. Ensure that it is set up correctly. For instance, I have configured the GDB command path as C:\Users\grsr\Documents\WICED\WICED-Studio-4.1\43xxx_Wi-Fi\tools\ARM_GNU\bin\Win32\arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe. Similarly you need to configure the last_built.elf path in the Main tab as C:\Users\grsr\Documents\WICED\WICED-Studio-4.1\43xxx_Wi-Fi\build\eclipse_debug\last_built.elf. There should be no ${workspace_loc}\... in the path. I hope you have removed the "stepi" from the Run Commands window as I stated earlier. Perform these changes and let me know.

View solution in original post

11 Replies