can I use Wifi module like the LBWA1UZ1GC with the WICED sdk to build a video-wifi streaming module?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ArZa_1140216
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

will the Type1G (CYW43907) module be capable of streaming video capture @~30fps?

Will the WICED SDK be easy to implement with?

some resource please..

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

IAR support has been dropped from WICED 5.0 for FreeRTOS. Please check the following limitation:

Known Limitations & Notes

---------------------------------------------------------------------

* IAR toolchain support

- Development platform: Windows

- Target platform: BCM943364WCD1, BCM943438WCD1

- RTOS and Network Stack: ThreadX + NetX, ThreadX + NetX_Duo

- Apps: snip.httpbin_org, snip.scan, test.console, test.mfg_test

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What interface you want to use this this? If you want to use USB interface then we have given USB libraries in SDK, on top of that you can implement UVC class and get the data and send it though WiFi.

WICED SDK has all required APIs and libraries for developing an application. We have not done any implementation of streaming video but it is possible.

Hello Rash

I'll need the fastest available interface (SDIO/SPI/RMII) to achieve video streaming of 400x400 frames at ~30fps.

I'm supposed to receive the LWB WICED Dev Board to evaluate this.

Hope to achieve my goal easily.. ☺

BR

Arie

Arie Zalesky

Embedded Software Engineer

Elcatech Ltd.

Tel.: +972-3-6700806 Ext:3

Fax: +972-3-6700807

Cell: +972-54-7718235

Add.: 58 Amal Street, Petach-Tikva, Israel

Web.: www.elcatech.com<http://www.elcatech.com/>

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Studio has all the respective APIs and snip application on SPI to understand and implement. Please refer to those snips and implement the same.

Hello rash

Are you planning to add STM32F7 libraries to WICED as well soon?

0 Likes

How to compile using IAR toolchain?

I get a long error list:

make.exe[1]: *** [build/test.console-IAR-LSRSTERLING_00950/Modules/./WICED/network/NetX_Duo/WWD/wwd_network.o] Error 1

tools/makefiles/wiced_elf.mk:215: recipe for target 'build/test.console-IAR-LSRSTERLING_00950/Modules/libraries/crypto/micro-ecc/uECC.o' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [build/test.console-IAR-LSRSTERLING_00950/Modules/libraries/crypto/micro-ecc/uECC.o] Error 1

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: error: Pa050: No such file or directory

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: error: Pe111: No such file or directory

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: error: Pe185: No such file or directory

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: error: Pe068: No such file or directory

arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe: error: unrecognized command line option '--diag_suppress'

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

IAR support has been dropped from WICED 5.0 for FreeRTOS. Please check the following limitation:

Known Limitations & Notes

---------------------------------------------------------------------

* IAR toolchain support

- Development platform: Windows

- Target platform: BCM943364WCD1, BCM943438WCD1

- RTOS and Network Stack: ThreadX + NetX, ThreadX + NetX_Duo

- Apps: snip.httpbin_org, snip.scan, test.console, test.mfg_test

ArZa_1140216
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello again,

Thanks for the info.

I've been working for the past week in adding and porting to the STMF7..Still having compilation issues. Most peripherals looks to be ported ok, but still can't compile due to RTOS reference mismatches.

Example:

C:\Wiced-Eclipse\workspace\43xxx_Wi-Fi/platforms/SMART_F7/platform.c:610: undefined reference to `_tx_thread_context_save'

build/test.console-SMART_F7-ThreadX-NetX-SDIO/libraries/Platform_SMART_F7.a(platform.o): In function `__tx_usart2_irq':

C:\Wiced-Eclipse\workspace\43xxx_Wi-Fi/platforms/SMART_F7/platform.c:615: undefined reference to `_tx_thread_context_save'

build/test.console-SMART_F7-ThreadX-NetX-SDIO/libraries/Platform_SMART_F7.a(platform.o): In function `__tx_usart1_tx_dma_irq':

I changed and renamed All file PATHs and definitions I could find and think of, but still no success.

Please see if we can get help here…

Thanks,

0 Likes