cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Studio Wi-Fi Combo

New Contributor II

In wwd_assert.c there is a bug the will cause the system to fail to build if the DEBUG and WPRINT_ENABLE_ERROR is enabled.

There are missing braces around the WPRINT_MACRO - current source is:

#define wiced_minor_assert( error_string, assertion )   do { if ( !(assertion) ) WPRINT_MACRO( error_string ); } while(0)

corrected source is:

#define wiced_minor_assert( error_string, assertion )   do { if ( !(assertion) ) WPRINT_MACRO( ( error_string ) ); } while(0)

This is on line 56 - Please correct for next release.

1 Solution

Thank you for reporting this bug. I could reproduce the build error and the fix corrected the problem. I have raised a ticket and reported this bug internally and this should be corrected.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Thank you for reporting this bug. I could reproduce the build error and the fix corrected the problem. I have raised a ticket and reported this bug internally and this should be corrected.

View solution in original post

Honored Contributor

grsr wrote:

wiced-studio-5.0 does not include this fix.

I'm wondering why the fix keep getting lost in new sdk?

Seem we are keep wasting time in your internal communication.

New Contributor II

STILL NOT in 5.1 release - WHAT DOES IT TAKE?

0 Likes
Employee

Let us check what release this will make it into.

Honored Contributor

I just cannot believe such trivial fix needs more than 6 months to merge.

Looking at the discussion thread, the time is mostly spent on message passing.

That discourages people to contribute fixes.

Employee

We appreciate your efforts in reporting this bug as well as a fix. Looks like it is fixed in WICED Studio 5.2. Here is the code from latest  wwd_assert.h file:

#define wiced_minor_assert( error_string, assertion ) do { if ( !(assertion) ) WPRINT_MACRO( ( error_string ) ); } while(0)

I agree it should not have taken so long to get this fix included in WICED Studio.

Thanks for making WICED better!