bcm43362 sdio help

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all,

i have a murata module sn8000, with his external pinout directly connected to bcm43362. Using brcmfmac linux driver, on kernel 3.10 (and some adaption to the brcmfmac driver since this chip starts to be supported on kernel 3.14), i could have the module correctly SDIO (4-bit mode) probed and working. Mainly after some changes to the drive-strength controlling processor pin config, the module started to get successfully probed.

The sequence of the init operations seems to be the following:

a. linux generic SDIO driver probe the bus

b. once chip is detected, brcmfmac driver specific probe is used

c. brcmfmac initialize the chip and upload the firmware

d. userspace setup

e. wlan0 up

Now, after some days, the module started to fail on SDIO probe (step "a", still no brcmfmac driver involved here),  and then, after some additional retries, the module is no more successfully probed.

So issue is still at SDIO probing stage (linux throw SDIO error -110, timeout). I would appreciate any information useful to debug and understand why  the probe fails, especially:

- any useful information on the driver strength or configuration of the pins

- what can block bcm43362 in a way that it doesn't reply to probing

I have oscilloscope available, i see SDIO clk and commands happening, but no replies or state changes in the 4 data lines.

Every help is very appreciated

angelo

0 Likes
1 Reply
SeyhanA_31
Employee
Employee
250 replies posted 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

Hi,

Wiced WiFi SDK does not support Linux. It is intended for connecting Broadcom WiFi modules to an MCU with RTOS like FreeRTOS and ThreadX. Please contact Broadcom sales representative support.

Seyhan

0 Likes