bcm43341 iperf throughput

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Is there publish document on the expected throughput for this radio in both 2G and 5G mode?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

vinh

The throughput achievable in WICED in lower than the theoretical due to a number of factors.   The main limitation is due to the speed of the interface between the radio and the host MCU (SDIO or SPI) and the memory buffering available on the MCU.  Typical figures would be in the 10-15Mbps data throughput range with a small MCU such as the STM32F2xx series.   If the same radio eg 43341 was connected to a larger processor such as an iMX6 running linux then the dat throughput would be close(r) to the theoretical max.

Regards
Dave

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Hi,

Which module are you using? You should consult the module manufacturer since results can vary. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gangi,

I am sorry I was not clear. I am referring to the bcm reference eval board bcm943341wiced1_3. This radio is controlled by the ST micro. I used the iperf built in with the wiced mfg code and the throughput is rather low comparing to the theoretical value.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

vinh

The throughput achievable in WICED in lower than the theoretical due to a number of factors.   The main limitation is due to the speed of the interface between the radio and the host MCU (SDIO or SPI) and the memory buffering available on the MCU.  Typical figures would be in the 10-15Mbps data throughput range with a small MCU such as the STM32F2xx series.   If the same radio eg 43341 was connected to a larger processor such as an iMX6 running linux then the dat throughput would be close(r) to the theoretical max.

Regards
Dave

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David,

Thanks for responding. I had the same suspicion that was the case, e.g. cpu limited. However, I thought I checked with BCM just to be certain.

regards

Vinh

0 Likes