Wifi Bluetooth combination module product offerings targeting microcontrolers?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are developing an industrial temperature (-20 C to 70C)

Wearable device with the profile of a watch. I'm wondering about what products Broadcom offers that might meet our needs.

1. We would like to have a small profile combination Wifi + Bluetooth module with excellent power dissipation characteristics.
    1. Wifi / Bluetooth will be used to constantly at a high duty-cycle to send data gathered by the device to a web-service.
  2. The device will be communicating with an Embedded system
    1. We don't anticipate having and embedded operating system on the device (No linux, Android or windows)
      1. So would need to communicate using Some machine to machine protocol (SPI, Serial (AT commands), I2C, whichever. We haven't chosen a microcontoler yet.
      2. If there isn't any embedded communication options we are open to exploring having an operating system on board. However, microelectronics are seen as necessary for several use case elements as real time response to certain sensor data is essential to the solution. Application processor / Microcontroler / FPGA various technology combination SOICs are of interest to us.
  3. Pre-certified modules would be a plus to realize a faster development cycle.
  4. The device will also have UHF ((902-928Mhz ISM FCC) & ETSI band) broadcasting at ~27dBm systems co-located on the device so having EM shielding / layout recommendations already available for the system would be a plus.
0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Take a look at the BCM43341, our combo chip.

BCM43341 Product Brief

Inventek Systems has modules to support this product and can answer your questions about certification, EM Shielding and layout.

dickb andrew997

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

Take a look at the BCM43341, our combo chip.

BCM43341 Product Brief

Inventek Systems has modules to support this product and can answer your questions about certification, EM Shielding and layout.

dickb andrew997

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that's what I was looking for!

0 Likes
DiBa_1995216
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

ISM43341-M4G-L44-C

Dual Band WiFi / BLE / NFC

It has a dual band chip antenna.

The module will be certified FCC/IC/CE in June.

This module is supported by WICED SDK3.1.2.

AT Commands running in an off-module host be released in June.

Data sheet:

http://www.inventeksys.com/wp-content/uploads/ISM4334x_M4G_L44_Functional_Spec.pdf

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright, I'll check this module out.

Is there a dev board for this module you know of? I'm seeing

ISM43362-M3x-EVB-E Wi-Fi Evaluation Board | Inventek Systems

and

ISM4319-M3x-EVB-E Wi-Fi Evaluation Board | Inventek Systems

only.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can pick any typical micro-controller on the embedded side.  My favorite is the STM32Lxxx low power ARM Cortex M-x family by ST Microelectronics.  They would support UART, I2C or SPI to communicate through.