Wiced .bin files loading using JTAG without using IDE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BaGo_4138971
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I want to wiced chip with either .bin file or .elf file without using Wiced IDE and Source code.

How I can do this?

I found below link can anyone explain how they did it?

JTAG programming - what bin files to use

Thanks,

Basavanagouda.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Are you using J-Link to program through JTAG port?

In that case, you can follow Downloading through Jlink Segger in WICED SDK 6.2 and future releases

If you want to create a single binary and then perform the download, you can follow WICED application framework and manufacturing image in CYW943907AEVAL1F and then download.

If you are using any other tool to perform the download, please elaborate it a little more.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

The thread that you have mentioned is valid for the ST Host based platforms. From the DCT.map file, generated as a part of WICED build system, the individual memory locations were found out and the binaries were flashed

Are you planning to use OpenOCD or J-Link to program? What is the platform you are using?

Hi,

Thank you for the reply,

I'm using BCM943909 platform. How I can load .bin file to it.

0 Likes

Are you using J-Link to program through JTAG port?

In that case, you can follow Downloading through Jlink Segger in WICED SDK 6.2 and future releases

If you want to create a single binary and then perform the download, you can follow WICED application framework and manufacturing image in CYW943907AEVAL1F and then download.

If you are using any other tool to perform the download, please elaborate it a little more.