WiFi 'pass-thru'

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings!

I want to use the WICED WiFi system to 'pass thru' all TCP packets from an incoming WiFi connection (WICED SoftAP server) to an outgoing WiFi client connection.  I don't want to 'listen' to all possible ports.  What's the easiest way to do this?

Cheers, Robert

0 Likes
5 Replies
GregG_16
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 25 comments on KBA

Are you asking for the WICED module to act as a WIFI repeater?  To pass the WIFI signal from Client side, and send same one via SoftAP side? If so this requires almost an entire router stack.  We don't intend it to be use in such a matter.  Or am I missing something?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, what I really want is the equivalent of the standard Berkeley 'sockets' capability of "ANY PORT" when doing a bind/listen/accept sequence.  While there is a WICED_ANY_PORT value for the 'bind' command, the listen command requires a specific TCP Port as its second parameter (whereas the standard sockets approach uses 'connection depth' as the second parameter).  I've tried every combination of bind/listen/accept to try to have the code accept any incoming TCP connection, regardless of its port#, and I can't get it to work.  Thus, I would need a separate socket for each possible incoming port#.

0 Likes

OK. This is certainly different than I was thinking.   I will look into this for you.

0 Likes

Hi,

Do you still need help on this?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seyhan:

Nope. Turns out that WICED can’t do what we needed.

Cheers, Robert Moore

Principal Embedded Engineer, Freestyle Division

The Coca-Cola Corporation

robertmoore@coca-cola.com<mailto:robertmoore@coca-cola.com>

0 Likes