Why is my function terminated early?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a function that's interacting with a serial NOR flash chip over SPI. But every time it executes, it seems like it's terminated early after a second or so. I noticed this because it would be printing out messages, and then all of a sudden stop and the messages from the next function starts to print. I don't even know where to begin troubleshooting this. Is there a length limit on how long a function would run? I'm using ThreadX by default and not using any thread management functions yet. I also noticed that the problem went away when I put the device under GDB. It seems like having breakpoints in the middle of the function forces it to run till completion. Any ideas why?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it was because the thread ran out of stack space. I changed the application stack size to 8k and it's working now.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AjayB_76
100 sign-ins 10 questions asked 5 questions asked

Can you let us know the platform in which you are seeing this problem?
Can you provide the example code so that we can see and find out the issue. Please attach the project in the thread so that we can have a look.

Regards,

Ajay

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it was because the thread ran out of stack space. I changed the application stack size to 8k and it's working now.