WWD:How to transfer/receive some data over sdio?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Leo_liu1
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi ,

I am using cyw43438 to develop on wiced,now I want to  transfer and receive some data over sdio,

which api can I use?

At wwd_thread_func() function,I found below api:

wwd_thread_receive_one_packet()

wwd_thread_send_one_packet();

Can I use above api to transfer and receive some data?

BR,

Leo

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Leo,

You don't need to call the wwd_* apis to transfer data to AP. wwd_ layer apis are the lowest level driver apis which indeed is used by all the abstracted apis wiced_*

You can use the tcp_client/server or udp_client/server to communicate between STA and AP. The higher layer APIs will take care of the packet transfer from STA to AP without explicitly calling wwd_thread_send_one_packet. The applications can be found in 43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/snip folder. Let me know if you have some other requirement which is not getting satisfied through this example.

BR,

Raktim

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RaktimR_11

Leo,

WICED already uses those API to send/receive packets. So, I don't see any reason that you won't be able to use those. Are you facing any issue in using these APIs?

Aren't you willing to use the standard WICED application framework to talk to CYW43438?

BR,

Raktim

0 Likes

Hi Raktim,

Thanks for your reply.

CYW43438 at station mode ,connect to LAN ap.

I can use wwd_thread_send_one_packet() function to send data to ap,is right?

BR,

Leo

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

Leo,

You don't need to call the wwd_* apis to transfer data to AP. wwd_ layer apis are the lowest level driver apis which indeed is used by all the abstracted apis wiced_*

You can use the tcp_client/server or udp_client/server to communicate between STA and AP. The higher layer APIs will take care of the packet transfer from STA to AP without explicitly calling wwd_thread_send_one_packet. The applications can be found in 43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/snip folder. Let me know if you have some other requirement which is not getting satisfied through this example.

BR,

Raktim

Hi Raktim,

Thanks a lot!

That's the answer I want.

BR,

Leo

0 Likes