WICED WIFI UART - MQTT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

I am currently working on BCM9WCD1EVAL1 board which has BCM943362WCD4 chip

my task is to take data on BCM9WCD1EVAL1 from other MC board through UART and put it to MQTT i.e publish whatever packet i receive on uart

i used inbuilt MQTT code separately it is working fine and also used UART inbuilt code it working but i am Little confused in UART communication problems i am facing given below:-

PS: when i connect BCM9WCD1EVAL1 to my PC i get COM28

1.what is the purpose of this line in uart.mk file "GLOBAL_DEFINES := WICED_DISABLE_STDIO"

2.if i club two in built codes uart.c and mqtt.c i can not able to see debug messages of mqtt.c on COM28

i have to remove/comment "GLOBAL_DEFINES := WICED_DISABLE_STDIO"

once i remove/comment messages came but uart functionality not working

mqtt.c uses "WPRINT_APP_INFO"

what may be the issue ?

3.what API should be used to receive from UART and take into buffer and whole string send it to mqtt plublish mssg

4.can you explain the functionalities of below:-

"wiced_uart_receive_bytes( STDIO_UART, &c, &expected_data_size, WICED_NEVER_TIMEOUT )"

wiced_uart_transmit_bytes( STDIO_UART, TEST_STR, sizeof( TEST_STR ) - 1 )

5.which GPIO Header pins of  BCM9WCD1EVAL1 are for UART and which api we should use to print the debug messages?

6.how to use UART interrupts?

7.can in mqtt.c by just putting IP address of Ubuntu instance which running on amazon cloud will work? Ubuntu instance also running mqtt broker at aws

0 Likes
7 Replies