cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Studio Wi-Fi Combo

NaFi_2915566
New Contributor II

I edit my source files in my own editor and then build the code in WICED Studio (6.2.1).  A lot of times the modified files do not get compiled when I run the build configuration.  I have not been able to find a pattern where the files are compiled or not.  Has anybody else seen this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
JoYi_1844281
Contributor II

The rebuild or not is depend on the source code and object file dependence in Makefile,

Not WICED Studio check the dependence.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GrCa_1363456
Contributor II

Two options that might help:

1) Try a Refresh found under the "File" drop down.

2) Run a Clean from the Make Target window. A successful clean will remove the "Build" folder from the Project Explorer window.

0 Likes
NaFi_2915566
New Contributor II
  1. We have done "Refresh" and "Index/Rebuild".  do we need to do refresh after every file edit?
  2. Clean works but it is not desirable to do a clean build after every code change, especially when debugging.

thank you

0 Likes
JoYi_1844281
Contributor II

The rebuild or not is depend on the source code and object file dependence in Makefile,

Not WICED Studio check the dependence.

View solution in original post

NaFi_2915566
New Contributor II

I think the problem was in the makefile but not the dependencies.  the "NAME" was not updated from the project this was copied from.  I fixed that and the code has rebuilt every time I made a change since then.

thank you