WICED Studio Web-Server

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am working on a university project to poll an electric meter over ZigBee to obtain consumption data at a more frequent interval than current systems allow. The goal is to present usage data to a consumer in as close to “real time” as possible. The project is somewhat split into two parts – one part which involves obtaining the data from the meter over radio and the other which involves providing access to the data on a webpage. My group was planning to use the CY8CKIT-062-WiFi-BT board for the project. For the ZigBee connection with the meter, we have a 915MHz transceiver that communicates with the board over SPI.

I know it is necessary to use WICED Studio, since PSoC Creator doesn't support the WiFi module. My question is whether or not it would be possible to use Python or MicroPython to create a website that would be tied into the web-server created in WICED Studio. Would the PSoC be able to support this? Would another board, like the CYW943907AEVAL1F Evaluation Kit, be able to do that?

If not, is it at least possible to display a graph on a web-server created using WICED? This is an essential part of the project - the website should show a graph of kW versus time, as well as the current electricity usage.

Another question I had is whether or not it is possible to program both cores in WICED Studio. My group was also hoping to do the ZigBee communication part on one core and the WiFi part on the other core. I read here: https://community.cypress.com/message/157701#157701 that WICED only supports building for the CM4 and that the CM0 is put to sleep. Is there any way to use both? Perhaps using ModusToolbox?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
WinstonF_61
250 sign-ins 100 likes received 100 sign-ins

We do not have support python or Micropython at the moment. But you can surely host a web server with either of the kits you have mentioned. You can refer to the 'Apsta' & https_server' examples. Both of these are linked to a '.html' file in the resources folder.

You will have to design a web page and then add it to the resources.

Currently WICED supports only the M4 Core and Modus tool box may add support for this, but I cannot commit which version or a time line.

Regards
Winston

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
WinstonF_61
250 sign-ins 100 likes received 100 sign-ins

We do not have support python or Micropython at the moment. But you can surely host a web server with either of the kits you have mentioned. You can refer to the 'Apsta' & https_server' examples. Both of these are linked to a '.html' file in the resources folder.

You will have to design a web page and then add it to the resources.

Currently WICED supports only the M4 Core and Modus tool box may add support for this, but I cannot commit which version or a time line.

Regards
Winston
0 Likes