WICED Studio Checksum Generation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoCh_1493306
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

How do I generate checksum in WICED studio? I know in PSoC Creator, the checksum is stored at the address 0x9030 0000. Is there something similar on WICED Studio?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

I don't think the cypress programmer can be used to program WICED based platforms.

Although open_ocd has an option of using verify_image_checksum which has been implemented into /43xxx_Wi-Fi/tools/makefiles/standard_platform_targets.mk and is looked at  while downloading the DCT as well as the application.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

What is it that you want to generate the checksum for? Could you please elaborate?

Can you take a look at /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/wwd/canned_send

There is checksum calculation for the IP headers that are done here. Is this similar to what you are looking for?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi Murali,

What I am trying to do is to generate checksum for the .hex file so when our technician loads the .hex file (using Cypress Programmer 2.0) to the board, they can double check if the file they load is the correct one, and if it's not corrupted. I expected Cypress Programmer 2.0 has a way to read the checksum after programming the file to the board, but I could not find the "read checksum" button.

I used WICED for the firmware development so I would like to know if Cypress Programmer doesn't have a way to read the checksum, does WICED have some way to do that?

Thanks.

0 Likes

I don't think the cypress programmer can be used to program WICED based platforms.

Although open_ocd has an option of using verify_image_checksum which has been implemented into /43xxx_Wi-Fi/tools/makefiles/standard_platform_targets.mk and is looked at  while downloading the DCT as well as the application.

0 Likes