WICED-Studio 6.2 Wiced Target selector comes up disabled.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GeVa_264731
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

With 6.1 you can select 43xxx_Wi-Fi as a filter. With 6.2 this comes up disabled. Is there a way to enable this.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi :

just have a compare about the logs, I find in one log named WICED-Studio_Install_06_07_2018_10_48_50.log  has below errors.

This might be the reason of the failure.

Command.run(): C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Temp\329082.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat:stderr [The system cannot find the path specified.]

Command.run(): C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Temp\329082.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat:stderr [The filename or extension is too long.]

Command.run(): C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Temp\329082.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat:stderr [Could Not Find C:\Users\George\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.2\install_config_win32.exe]

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
GeVa_264731
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times and it finally worked. I tried installing 6.1 first but that didn't work.

I don't know why it finally worked.

0 Likes

Hi George:

Would you please find the log like "WICED-Studio_Install_04_04_2018_15_08_34.log"  in your computer?

I actually met the issue before,  but my solving way is to change a config file , we should provide a default eml file in the release .

so we need to check the log if something is missing in the install process.

0 Likes

I could not find the log file. Is there a specific place it might be?

0 Likes

Hi George:

\AppData\Local\Temp\wiced_install_log , I found the log in this directory.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Here are the last few logs.

0 Likes

Hi :

just have a compare about the logs, I find in one log named WICED-Studio_Install_06_07_2018_10_48_50.log  has below errors.

This might be the reason of the failure.

Command.run(): C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Temp\329082.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat:stderr [The system cannot find the path specified.]

Command.run(): C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Temp\329082.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat:stderr [The filename or extension is too long.]

Command.run(): C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Temp\329082.tmp\executeScriptTmp0.bat:stderr [Could Not Find C:\Users\George\Documents\WICED-Studio-6.2\install_config_win32.exe]

0 Likes

I think it will depend on how you have your \temp environment variable setup.

Mine is located here: \Temp\wiced_install_log

Note that the broad market .eml file is included with the download for all versions of WICED Studio and this file MUST reside in the same physical direction and location as the installer.  What I normally do is create a folder directly off the root and extract both of these files into it.  Then, execute the installer from that location. 

Most problems occur when the installer is downloaded from the site then the .zip is opened within the browser and the .exe executed from within the .zip

0 Likes

Yes you are correct, I usually opened the installer from the browser. When it worked, I unzipped the .zip file first, then executed the .exe file.