WICED Studio 5.1 Install on Windows 7: Not enough free disk space

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having a problem at 'Choose IDE Folder Location' step:

SnipImage.JPG

There's about 1TB of space on this drive, so it would be nice to know what's really wrong here.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem turned out to be my path system variable didn't include the

directory where cmd.exe lives.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Shawn Antol <community-manager@cypress.com>

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what's going on here as the WICED SDK 5.1 release is 545MB package and will not expand out 20+ x as an install.

Regards

Dave

0 Likes
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

I've been having this EXACT issue now for several months (7+ ?). 

As a frequent installer/un-installer of  WICED SDKs it was driving me nuts.  I never found root cause.

My workaround is to Unzip the .EXE to a thumb-drive... then launch the installer from the thumb drive.    You can then tell it to install to C:\users\[your name here]\Documents...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem turned out to be my path system variable didn't include the

directory where cmd.exe lives.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Shawn Antol <community-manager@cypress.com>

Are you sure that's all you changed?   In my case, I "do" have cmd.exe in the $PATH variable (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32), but still no-joy and I have to use the USB thumb drive trick on my Win7PRO-Enterprise-SP1.  Congrats!

0 Likes

snal

Please provide the install log, it is located in %tmp%\wiced_install_log folder.

0 Likes

abda

The install process does not get far enough along to create the .log file....   (SDK 5.1.0 install, but it fails the same way for all of them unless I go "way-back" in version numbers)

pastedImage_7.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try install under user without local characters or space in username - for example, Test

0 Likes