Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Studio Wi-Fi Combo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having a problem at 'Choose IDE Folder Location' step:

SnipImage.JPG

There's about 1TB of space on this drive, so it would be nice to know what's really wrong here.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem turned out to be my path system variable didn't include the

directory where cmd.exe lives.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Shawn Antol <community-manager@cypress.com>

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what's going on here as the WICED SDK 5.1 release is 545MB package and will not expand out 20+ x as an install.

Regards

Dave

0 Likes
ShawnA_01
Employee

I've been having this EXACT issue now for several months (7+ ?). 

As a frequent installer/un-installer of  WICED SDKs it was driving me nuts.  I never found root cause.

My workaround is to Unzip the .EXE to a thumb-drive... then launch the installer from the thumb drive.    You can then tell it to install to C:\users\[your name here]\Documents...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem turned out to be my path system variable didn't include the

directory where cmd.exe lives.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Shawn Antol <community-manager@cypress.com>

View solution in original post

ShawnA_01
Employee

Are you sure that's all you changed?   In my case, I "do" have cmd.exe in the $PATH variable (C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32), but still no-joy and I have to use the USB thumb drive trick on my Win7PRO-Enterprise-SP1.  Congrats!

0 Likes
AbhayD_36
Employee

snal

Please provide the install log, it is located in %tmp%\wiced_install_log folder.

0 Likes
ShawnA_01
Employee

abda

The install process does not get far enough along to create the .log file....   (SDK 5.1.0 install, but it fails the same way for all of them unless I go "way-back" in version numbers)

pastedImage_7.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try install under user without local characters or space in username - for example, Test

0 Likes