WICED Make Targets to specify different USB ports when multiple boards are connected?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KeVe_3565011
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First like given

This may be a dumb question but I couldn't find the answer in the documentation. I am using WICED Studio & I have 2 CYW920719Q40EVB-01 boards that are connected via separate USB cords to the same computer that I would like to download & run different programs on using the WICED Studio IDE.

My question is: Is there a way to configure Make Targets in WICED Studio such that different USB/Serial ports are specified as part of the target instructions? My goal is to be able to develop different applications in WICED that I can quickly program to either board without having to plug & unplug wires (if possible). Thank you in advance!

-Kendall

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

1. Find the HCI UART Port in your device manager:

pastedImage_0.png

2. In the make target, add UART=COMx, such as "demo.hello_sensor-CYW920719Q40EVB_01 download UART=COM18"

Then you can program the specified target.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

1. Find the HCI UART Port in your device manager:

pastedImage_0.png

2. In the make target, add UART=COMx, such as "demo.hello_sensor-CYW920719Q40EVB_01 download UART=COM18"

Then you can program the specified target.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!