WICED IDE Project Explorer empty

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user_2212361
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given Welcome!

Hi.

I installed wiced studio 6.0.

When you run the IDE, nothing appears on the left side of the Project Explorer.

When I installed the wiced-sdk 3.0 IDE, I found sample, platform .. in the Project Explorer section.

In wiced studio 6.0, the development board should be connected to the PC, but is it usable?

I want to know why nothing appears in the Project Explorer section.

wiced_studio error.jpg

It seems that the SDK file is not properly installed.

There is only tools folder in "d: \ WICED-Studio-6.0 \ SDK \ 43xxx_Wi-Fi" folder.

Is this correct?

The folder "d: \ WICED-Studio-6.0 \ SDK" contains only 43xxx_Wi-Fi, common, Doc, Drivers, RemoteSystemTempFiles, test, and wiced_tools folders.

I have posted this question before, but I do not have an exact answer, so please contact me again.

Please help me.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi rrory

I seem to have found the cause.

If the account name is not an English name, it seems that the installation is not working properly.

It is good to create a new account with English name.

Delete it and try again.

I have been experiencing these problems in my previous development tools, and now I am disappointed that these problems have occurred.

I asked about the English name on January 5, but I knew that it would be good even if it was not English name because there was no answer.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

If you are trying to install WICED Studio in D drive, the installer assumes that the path variable has a pointer to cmd.exe which is why it is failing to load the projects. Please try adding C:\Windows\System32 to the path and run the installer again by following instructions mentioned hereWICED-Studio 6.0.1 Installer (Windows) , which should solve the issue for you. Even after that. if you are facing any issue with the installation, please provide us with the installation log which can be located in C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Temp\wiced_install_log.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi rroy.

It is still not working.

Do I need to use the Windows account name in English only?

I will forward the log file and ask for confirmation.

Is there any problem in the following contents of log contents?

Read/Modify XML File C:\Users\안진호\AppData\Local\Temp\config.xml

Additional Notes: ERROR - Could not read the specified XML file

Thank you.

0 Likes

You need to extract the installer and the .xml or .eml file in the same folder for the installer to work.

Hi rroy

Naturally, the eml file and the installation file are in the same path.

I do not know why this is happening.

If you look at the logs below, the first thing about config.xml is success

An error occurs from the second.

Execute Script/Batch file:   decrypt C:\Users\안진호\AppData\Local\Temp/config.eml C:\Users\안진호\AppData\Local\Temp\config.xml

Read/Modify XML File      C:\Users\안진호\AppData\Local\Temp\config.xml

Additional Notes: ERROR - Could not read the specified XML file

Ask for an accurate analysis of the log file you sent.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

If you have extracted the installer and eml file correctly to a directory before beginning the installation procedure, then this kind of error should not have occurred. This error usually occurs if the eml or xml file is corrupted. The log file does not point out any other error other than the .xml file error.

0 Likes

Hi rroy

I tried again with the config.xml you sent, but it does not work. The log contents are the same.

My file size is 2272 bytes and yours is 2288 bytes.

What should I do?

Can not you help me anymore?

0 Likes

Hi rrory

I tried it on another computer.

When I first installed it was normal.

But if I delete it and install it again, all of it fails.

If you look at the contents of the log, you will get a config.xml error.

Is there a problem with the installation file?

0 Likes

I don't see a problem in the installer. I tried uninstalling the SDK and re-install to reproduce the error you have received; but I have not been able to do so in my windows 10 PC. 

0 Likes

Hi rrory

I seem to have found the cause.

If the account name is not an English name, it seems that the installation is not working properly.

It is good to create a new account with English name.

Delete it and try again.

I have been experiencing these problems in my previous development tools, and now I am disappointed that these problems have occurred.

I asked about the English name on January 5, but I knew that it would be good even if it was not English name because there was no answer.

I will try to verify if this is a known issue with the installer. I have only seen this come up 1-2 times here on the community.

0 Likes