WICED 6.1 won't install - continually asks to choose a different location

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MiRo_263836
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 50 likes received 50 replies posted

When i try to extract the WICED 6.1 installer, it says to choose a different location to extract the installer to.  I have tried 6 different locations and it always gives me this error.  See attached screenshot

0 Likes
1 Solution

i downloaded WICED 6.1 zip again.  I unzipped it and got the following screenshot.

installer.PNG

I moved the .exe file up one level and ran it from there.

installer2.PNG

I ran it from there and got the 2 screenshots that you posted and it installed fine.  I don't know if it the config.eml file was the issue. I have attached it.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

mroberts_arrow

You may find this thread helpful: WICED Studio 5.1 Install on Windows 7: Not enough free disk space 

snal​ was able to get this working by unzipping the installer to a thumb drive then installing from the thumb drive.

abda​ - since this is too early in the install process to create an install log, is there anything else the user should check?

0 Likes

I don't think that is my problem.  I have Windows 10 Enterprise.  Attached is My PC Properties.  I have 809GB free on my drive.

0 Likes

Running it from a thumb drive had the same error.

0 Likes

mroberts_arrow

I believe the error message is generic, so the disk space issue being reported is not relevant. Most likely it has something to do with where the installer is trying to uncompress files into during the installation.

Try this.  Create a new folder right off the root/C:\ called WICED.  Drag the installer .exe (not the .zip) into that folder, then try to execute. I run into another issue when I try to launch the installer (with each new SDK upgrade) from a folder on my desktop because technically the desktop folder is buried in the windows directory structure and there is something the installer doesn't like when it looks into the path.

Installing off the C:\ directly, some of these white space and profile name issues are avoided.

I need to dig around and see if I can find other users that had issues on Windows 10.

I tried putting the exe in C:\WICED.  I get the same error.  I select the same file location when it asked me to choose a new location. Same error.

0 Likes

I will ask someone from the Level 1/2 teams to get involved.  Sorry for the frustration.

0 Likes

mroberts_arrow

1. Have you seen this problem while installing any other version of WICED or Is this your first experince with WICED installation?
2. Sorry for the inconvenience but can you try with a fresh download of the installer?

3. Does the installAnywhere apperas something like this when you install?

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

I am asking to know whether the problem lies in InstallAnywhere.

Also do you have InstallAnywhere already installed in your PC?

I know its little time consuming, but we need to find the reason for this problem!

I never see the 1st screenshot, but I see the 2nd one.  When it gets to 99% is when I get the "Please select another location to extract the installer to" message and no matter what location I select, the 2nd screenshot starts from 1% and goes to 99% and displays "Please select another location to extract the installer to"

It will take me a while to download the installer again and try it.  This installer download installed fine on one PC and did not on another.  I don't know if I have Install Anywhere already on the PC with the error. I will see if I have it, uninstall it and redo the WICED 6.1 install.

0 Likes

riya

I have never seen the first screenshot either and have installed the SDK dozens of times? I wonder why you see it?

0 Likes

i downloaded WICED 6.1 zip again.  I unzipped it and got the following screenshot.

installer.PNG

I moved the .exe file up one level and ran it from there.

installer2.PNG

I ran it from there and got the 2 screenshots that you posted and it installed fine.  I don't know if it the config.eml file was the issue. I have attached it.