WI-FI Direct Commands in Wiced-SDK-3.1.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I can use "test.console-ISM43362_M3G_L44 download run" to compile the console application. I am trying  to use some wi-fi direct commands to mimic our real wifi-direct applications. Below are the issues

1. Starting a persistent group called DIRECT-test with WPA2 passphrase 12345678 on channel 1 using the command below

p2p_go_start p test 12345678 1

From Wi-Fi Direct settings on my Samusang Galaxy 3 tablet, I can see "WICED_P2P device". From Wi-Fi settings,I can also see "DIRECT-test1" wireless network. Does why the command "p2p_go_start" also create the "DIRECT-test1" wireless network, not only Wi-Fi direct "WICED_P2P device" network?

2.Once I tap the  "WICED_P2P device" on the tablet and the tablet can connect to  "WICED_P2P device" without any password. But I found that the Wiced device GO doesn't assign a IP address to the tablet.

3. How can I add the passord feature to allow only specific tablets to connect to "WICED_P2P device"?

Thanks,

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We  need your help to resolve following issues ASAP.

I am using the wi-fi direct commands in SDK 3.1.2 to mimic our real wifi-direct applications. Below are the issues

1. Two network interface issue

Starting a persistent group called DIRECT-test with WPA2 passphrase 12345678 on channel 1 using the command below

From the Wi-Fi Direct settings menu on my Samusang Galaxy 3 tablet, I can see "WICED_P2P device". From the Wi-Fi settings menu, I can also see "DIRECT-test" wireless network. This is a wifi direct command. Why is there  a wireless network interface ""DIRECT-test"?     What is relationship between  the "DIRECT-test" and "WICED_P2P device"?

2. Pin/Passphrase

Our android application always tries to connect to  "WICED_P2P device", not "DIRECT-test". But the tablet can always connect to "WICED_P2P device" without entering any password/passphrase/pin for first time of connection.

We want to have the p2p client like Android tablet to connect the group owner by entering the pin/passphrase. But I can't find the feature in the existting wifi implementation.

I understand that our android application can connect to "WICED_P2P device" for second or later connections without entering pin/passphrase because the group owner "WICED_P2P device" already saved the credentials at first time connection.

3. One P2P client

We want to restrict only one P2P client to be able to connect to the group owner WICED_P2P device at one time. But I can't find the feature in the existing wifi implementation.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
ShawnA_01
Employee
Employee
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

<<<1. Two network interface issue - What is relationship between the "DIRECT-test" and "WICED_P2P device"?

"DIRECT-test" is the SSID of the network that is created.

"WICED_P2P" is the device name.

<<2.

???

<<<3. One P2P client

I haven't tested it, but the number of clients might be configurable by this line of code: #define P2P_MAX_DISCOVERED_DEVICES (10) /* P2P devices */

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your response. Below are my inline comments.

* This is a Wifi direct, why need to create the wifi interface

"DIRECT-test"?

<<2.

???

<<<3. One P2P client

*I haven't tested it, but the number of clients might be configurable by

this line of code: #define P2P_MAX_DISCOVERED_DEVICES (10) / P2P devices

*/

I made a change the #define P2P_MAX_DISCOVERED_DEVICES (1) in

p2p_constants.h. I recompile the test.console projects. But the tablet can

not connect the the Grouper owner WICED_P2P device. The test steps are below

1. Starting a persistent group called DIRECT-test with WPA2 passphrase

12345678 on channel 1 using the command below

2. From the Wi-Fi Direct settings menu on my Samusang Galaxy 3 tablet, I

can see "WICED_P2P device". I tap the "WICED_P2P device" to try to connect

to "WICED_P2P device" and then issue the command "p2p_registrar_start pbc" in

console window. But the tablet cannot connect to "WICED_P2P device".

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 4:41 PM, shawn antol <

0 Likes

Hi,

Is the P2P issue resolved?

Number of P2P client connections are limited to number of SoftAP clients. Default for number of SoftAP clients are 5 for BCM43362. This number could changed, Restricting Number Of Soft AP Clients.

Seyhan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The P2P issue not resolved yet. Our project was stuck in those p2p issues.  Can you investigate those ASAP?

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi,

If you have not received this information before please take a look at this blog, WICED Wi-Fi Direct Testing.

Seyhan

0 Likes