Using a WiFi combo with an SDK different from Wiced Studio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnKo_2681891
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hello,

for developing our embedded SW for our products we are using our own SDK based on Eclipse CDT, GCC and make. We now want to add a Cypress WiFi/BT combo (CYW43438) to our products, but do not want to port our existing SW to the Wiced SDK for several reasons. Can you explain, if there is a way to use the SW provided by Wiced SDK for such WiFi combos in other SDKs different from Wiced Studio? For example to create a library with all needed components that can be linked with other build environments.

Any hints would be helpful. I guess that it would be beneficial for Cypress to provide SW support for these combos, without forcing the customers to use Wiced Studio for SW development. Therefor I am looking for a support on that.

Thanks and best regards

Andreas

0 Likes
1 Solution
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi Andreas,

The Software provided by WICED SDK can be ported onto your custom SDK since it is Eclipse IDE based which is basically on which WICED is based on. The process of how to port this into your SDK depends on your SDK.

Thanks,

Murali

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi Andreas,

The Software provided by WICED SDK can be ported onto your custom SDK since it is Eclipse IDE based which is basically on which WICED is based on. The process of how to port this into your SDK depends on your SDK.

Thanks,

Murali

Thanks for the answer, even though it is not very specific.

I know that everything is somehow possible, but the documentation on the Wiced SDK build system is sort of non-existent and the built system is quite complex due to all the configuration scripts and dependencies with different platforms and features.

I was hoping to get some more detailed information on how to approach that, but from your answer I understood that Cypress is not supporting that kind of use-case.

Thanks and regards

Andreas

0 Likes