Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rashc_2727106
Level 4
Level 4
10 likes received First like received First like given

We have an existing product already on the market that uses a module with the 4343W silicon and shipped with bootloader and the original OTA (not OTA2) code from WICED SDK 4.1.1.  We would like to OTA to an updated version based on 4.1.3, which has an updated wifi firmware image with the KRACK fixes.  The APIs, DCTs, and bootloader are the same, so it should be simple.

The normal WICED OTA solution works fine for us for updating our application code.  But it does not update the wifi firmware for the 4343W chip.  

I have spent time searching the wiced and wwd code base, and the forums here without finding any obvious reference to a "standard" WICED solution for this problem.

I can, of course, roll my own solution in our app by downloading the new 4.1.3 wifi firmware bin into a new location in external sflash, and then using the existing wwd APIs to

reset and reload the module. 

But I cannot be the first developer to have this need, so I'm assuming that I'm missing some document, demo, snip, or forum discussion where this is already addressed.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

15 Replies