Transmitting and receiving in regular interval

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

I am using this UART Setup and UART Messages Over Webpage  code in wiced sdk 2.4.0 , i want to transmit and receive every 10 minutes.  Data has to be received only when the transmission is successful. I have modified the code like this

static void uart_rx_data_thread(uint32_t arg)

{

uart_info_t* uart_info = (uart_info_t*) arg;

char rxBuf[200];

char c;

int idx = 0;

while(1)

{

wiced_rtos_delay_milliseconds(600000);   //10 min

if (wiced_uart_transmit_bytes(uart_info->uart_id, str,7) == WICED_SUCCESS)

{

while (wiced_uart_receive_bytes(uart_info->uart_id, &c, 1, WICED_NEVER_TIMEOUT) == WICED_SUCCESS)

{

wiced_uart_transmit_bytes(uart_info->uart_id, &c,1);       // This i have given to find whether iam receiving the data properly are not

if (!(c == uart_info->delimeter))

rxBuf[idx++] = c;

if (c == uart_info->delimeter && strlen(rxBuf) > 0)

{

wiced_rtos_lock_mutex(&msg_fwd_mutex);

rxBuf[idx++] = '\0';

strcpy(rx_msgs[rx_end_index], rxBuf);

rx_end_index = (rx_end_index + 1) % HISTORY_LEN;

wiced_rtos_unlock_mutex(&msg_fwd_mutex);

idx = 0;

break;  }

}

}

else

WPRINT_APP_INFO(("Transmit not success"));

}

}

I have given delay so that it will transmit data after every 10 min.  I want to receive the data only after 10 min and display it in the webpage. But if i receive the data in between 10min that data should not get displayed in the webpage.

But in this code if i receive the data in between 10 min that data is getting displayed in webpage at 10th min.

why it is happening. I don't  want this data to be received. please help me to solve this issue.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Reply