Some questions about the CYW43364 Block Diagram

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I’m new to WICED Wi-Fi.Recently, I bought a BCM943364WCD1_EVB Evaluation and Development Kit from an agent.I see the Block Diagram on the  datasheet as shown below:

QQ截图20161215155358.jpg

Now,I have some questions:

1、CYW43364 has two Cortex M3 Core?

2、If the CYW43364 has only one Cortex M3 core,Why there are three JTAG interface?

3、The upper part of the block diagram indicates whether CYW43364 requires an external MCU to drive or an external MCU is optional?

4、The following part of the block diagram indicates that the CYW43364 can be directly programmed and debugged via the JTAG interface?

5、What is the role of STMF411 on the BCM943364WCD1_EVB Evaluation and Development Kit?

Somebody can help me?Million of thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

You are looking at an SoC block diagram and we do not engage with SoCs outside of a very small handful of tier 1 customers.

To engage with the 43364 in production, you will need to find a partner module, which are listed here within the IoT Solutions Guide

The Cypress evaluation board can then be used for development with our SDK (FTDI USB to Serial device, one of the USB drivers installed will be JTAG), or with the partner's own development environment.

While the device internally has an onboard MCU, it is not accessible.  Most partner modules support external STM32 based processors internal to the module, external to the SoC inside the module, but there are many which support Linux with a i.MX NXP ARM 9 host as well.  JTAG is supported on all of these as far as I know. All of these are listed in the guide linked above.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why can not anyone answer my question? Is this problem difficult? Or cypress does not support this partnumber?

0 Likes

You are looking at an SoC block diagram and we do not engage with SoCs outside of a very small handful of tier 1 customers.

To engage with the 43364 in production, you will need to find a partner module, which are listed here within the IoT Solutions Guide

The Cypress evaluation board can then be used for development with our SDK (FTDI USB to Serial device, one of the USB drivers installed will be JTAG), or with the partner's own development environment.

While the device internally has an onboard MCU, it is not accessible.  Most partner modules support external STM32 based processors internal to the module, external to the SoC inside the module, but there are many which support Linux with a i.MX NXP ARM 9 host as well.  JTAG is supported on all of these as far as I know. All of these are listed in the guide linked above.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,mwf_mmfae

thanks for your reply.I get it,so CYW43364 need to an external MCU to drive,and it can't work independently?

0 Likes

Correct. Our module partners either include an STM32 MCU inside their WICED based modules, or, they build radio only Linux based modules which are designed to work with specific Linux distributions from ARM 8 providers like NXP/Freescale.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,mwf_mmfae

million of thanks.your answer very awesome.

0 Likes