Smartbridge coexistance pin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the schematic for the BCM9WCDPLUS114, the bluetooth module (BM-GP-BR-65) has a pin labeled "coex-in" It is my understanding that this pin is used to shutdown the bluetooth radio while the wifi radio is transmitting.

However, this pin is shown as being connected to one of the GND pins on the WM-N-BM-14 (SM32F205+BCM43362)!  That GND pin (pin 59) is NOT connected to GND.

Is this pin somehow special, or is this connection nonsensical?  How is the coex-in pin supposed to be used?

0 Likes
1 Solution
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Bluetooth module (BM-GP-BR-65) has a pin labeled "coex-in" It is my understanding that this pin is used to shutdown the bluetooth radio while the wifi radio is transmitting.

Not exactly for shutdown, this pin is for both to co exist since both use 2.4GHz bandwidth. Presently we do not have this supported on the firmware but implemented on the hardware. The pins that would be used are

BTCX_STATUS pin 56;

BTCX_RF-ACTIVE pin 57 ;

BTCX_TXCONF pin 58

That GND pin (pin 59) is NOT connected to GND.

Yes you understood this correct.

thnx

-vik86

View solution in original post

1 Reply
VikramR_26
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 10 comments on KBA

Bluetooth module (BM-GP-BR-65) has a pin labeled "coex-in" It is my understanding that this pin is used to shutdown the bluetooth radio while the wifi radio is transmitting.

Not exactly for shutdown, this pin is for both to co exist since both use 2.4GHz bandwidth. Presently we do not have this supported on the firmware but implemented on the hardware. The pins that would be used are

BTCX_STATUS pin 56;

BTCX_RF-ACTIVE pin 57 ;

BTCX_TXCONF pin 58

That GND pin (pin 59) is NOT connected to GND.

Yes you understood this correct.

thnx

-vik86