SWD debug option CYW4343W on GPIO1/2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rzec_3016261
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

According to the datasheet (Table 21), I can do SWD debugging over the GPIO1 and 2 ports if I pull them up during POR.

That's nice but I'm unable to find anywhere which GPIO is SWCLK and which GPIO is SWDIO.

Does anyone know where I can find an answer?

Thanks.

0 Likes
11 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi Friend:

Actually , I can find JTAG interface from our reference circuit in SDK release, BCM94343WWCD1_P104.pdf .

If you are using J-link or others, it is better to try Jtag function firstly rather than SWD on 4343w.

pastedImage_1.png

and Jtag interface is here:

pastedImage_2.png

And would you please tell if you were using the JTAG interface to debug the wifi firmware issue ?

0 Likes

Hello zhez,

First, there is a reason I don't allow my real name to be displayed publicly, so please don't address me by that name. Call me whatever you want, but respect my privacy. Please correct your answer. Thanks.

In answer to your reply:

Yes I have found the JTAG option, but I do not have the space in my layout to facilitate a full JTAG interface, I can just squeeze in two wires and a pad. The SWD interface is fully functional, right?

Thanks,

0 Likes

Hello Friend:

It is my bad, I will correct my input and be careful about the names .   

0 Likes

Hi :

According to the spec, if you want to use SWD rather than JTAG, you need reserve GPIO_1 and GPIO_2.  and gpio1 and gpio2 are acting as strap pin function also.  So let's forget the module design, I found in evb designs GPIO_2 will be used as other functions like RF_control.

pastedImage_0.png

Hello,

Yes I want to use SWD over GPIO_1/GPIO_2 but now I need to know how to route my PCB.

Is the following correct?

GPIO_1 == SWCLK

GPIO_2 == SWDIO

Thanks.

0 Likes
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hi:

if you are make it as a test point, it should have no problem, you can have a exchange with the two pins.

0 Likes

So basically, you don't know.

The advice is: build your device and experiment until you find the right connection, so much for first-time-right. My boss is going to love this one

Sorry but this is not very helpful, I need to know the exact function of the two GPIO pins. Someone at Cypress must know this, right?

0 Likes

We are looking into this internally.

zhez

0 Likes
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

WLAN radio SWD access is not supported currently, we will update the device datasheet in future. Could you provide the reason why you need to debug the WLAN radio?

Roy Liu

I don't have a reason, I was designing hardware and would like a way to debug if necessary. Had no space for full JTAG interface.

BTW I missed this answer, is there a way to enable some kind of notification when answers are posted?

0 Likes

Yes.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes