SDK 6.2 OTA2 image build error: Illegal division by zero at ./tools/text_to_c/sector_count.pl

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiMc_1688136
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 50 questions asked 10 solutions authored

I am trying to build an OTA2 image with SDK/Studio 6.2 and it is failing. In 6.1, it works.

Error

Creating Filesystem BCM94390x_targets.mk ...

./tools/common/Win32/mk_wicedfs32 build/QuickProjects.OTA_Test-CYW943907AEVAL1F-FreeRTOS-LwIP/filesystem.bin build/QuickProjects.OTA_Test-CYW943907AEVAL1F-FreeRTOS-LwIP/resources/Staging/

Creating Filesystem Done

Illegal division by zero at ./tools/text_to_c/sector_count.pl line 49.

Building apps lookup table

tools/makefiles/wiced_apps.mk:454: *** OTA2 Factory Reset Image Info File Not built!.  Stop.

Makefile:351: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

Target

Quickprojects.OTA_Test-CYW943907AEVAL1F-FreeRTOS-LwIP ota2_image

I made sure the extraction mini app was build and I tried a clean and rebuild.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The problem was actually in my make file of the project in SDK 6.2, which was different from the example project in the 6.1 SDK.

I was attempting to build the project differently where I could use a OTA define from the system to exclude/include files based on it being a build for OTA or not.

This is obviously a bad decision because my makefile was skipping the OTA self extraction image which resulted in the error.

In my makefile, i used ifeq ($(APP_USED_OTA2),1), thinking that it would be set if I used a target that utilized the OTA option.

ifeq ($(APP_USED_OTA2),1)

#OTA extraction application - needs to be built into the application

OTA_APPLICATION := InVue.ota2_extraction_mini_app-$(PLATFORM)-FreeRTOS-LwIP

OTA_APP    := build/$(OTA_APPLICATION)/binary/$(OTA_APPLICATION).stripped.elf

endif

As for FreeRTOS not being supported, I made that modification early in SDK 6.1 and have ran into no issues.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies