SDK-3.7.0-7 Eclipse IDE not starting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VoAn_2766281
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I installed WICED SDK 3.7.0 on Windows and tried to run Eclipse IDE but it failed with the error, anyone know how to fix this ?

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError cannot be found by org.eclipse.ui.workbench_3.106.1.v20140827-1737

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:432)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:345)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:337)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

... 41 more

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem, happy to help.

In my case, I started with nothing. I tried to install WICED SDK 3.7.0-7 IDE Installer but kept getting a java issue. Rather than try every version of java to get that to install, I just installed WICED Studio (latest version) since this seems to be the most up to date IDE.

Then I downloaded the SDK source files from here: WICED SDK 3.7.0-7 .7z Source files

I extracted these source files to C:\WICED (you can extract them wherever you want)

To import it, I pointed to the newly created folder C:\WICED\WICED-SDK-3.7.0-1 and it imported the SDK into Studio (2nd picture in my post above). Just point to wherever you extracted the SDK source files to. It doesn't have to be C:\WICED

View solution in original post

13 Replies