SDK 3.1.2 wiced_tcp_connect() error code 64449

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using SDK 3.1.2 and NetX stack.  Calling wiced_tcp_connect() and getting an error returned of 64449 when trying to make TLS connection with user side certs loaded and advanced context.  I am unable to find any reference to this return value in decimal or hex as an error code so I am lost as to what it means.  After tracing it out, it appears to come from the ssl_handshake_client_async() function call.  I am looking for anything that I may have broken in my code but thus far not seeing anything.  I was working in totally different section of the project and those edits should not impact this code, unless this is a corruption or memory related, so I am confused as to why I am seeing this error when before it was okay. 

Is there a list of error codes that I am not seeing or finding when I search the SDK?  Where are the return codes for these ssl functions documented?  I have seen other similar error codes but never captured them.  Right now error 64449 is the one I am seeing and I need more information to debug this.  What does this 64449 mean?   And for future reference, can somebody document other potential return codes in case I end up seeing something else during my debugging efforts. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I fixed my issue by reducing the amount of stack space allocated for that thread, which I assume increased the heap available which in turn made the TLS verify work.  I can only assume that error 64449 references a memory allocation/heap issue.  The new code I added used more RAM for static and global variables, which I changed around to fix the problem, in conjunction with a change in the stack size for that thread. 

While I got my code to work again, it would be nice to have documented return codes so it is easier to debug. 

I still want those return codes please.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 Replies