Replacing ble_wifi_introducer iOS peer app with terminal interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CeAy_4371031
Level 1
Level 1

Hi forum, I'm working with a CYW94343WWCD1 evaluation board here and my goal is to get the ble_wifi_introducer demo project working  through a terminal interface and without a mobile peer app, like the one included for iOS. what parts of ble_wifi_introducer.c would I need to start modifying to make this happen? I've noticed a few functions which explicitly mention the app, like app_button_event_handler, but besides that I'm not sure where to look.

0 Likes
1 Solution
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Are you trying to replace the BLE interface with a wired serial UART terminal to enter the SSID & Password ?

1. If your aim is to only avoid the iOS APP, but still use the BLE interface to enter the WiFi Credentials, that can be done through an app like CYSmart or Light Blue. You just need to identify the correct characteristics to write to.
  2. If you want to use the UART Terminal , you can use the UART snip application and get values needed for the below function call. Line 521 in ble_wifi_introducer.c

int result_wifi_join = wifi_join( (char*)wifi_introducer_char_nw_ssid_value , strlen( (char*)wifi_introducer_char_nw_ssid_value), ap_info.security,

wifi_introducer_char_nw_passphrase_value, strlen( (char*)wifi_introducer_char_nw_passphrase_value ), NULL, NULL, NULL );

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Regards
Winston

View solution in original post

2 Replies
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Are you trying to replace the BLE interface with a wired serial UART terminal to enter the SSID & Password ?

1. If your aim is to only avoid the iOS APP, but still use the BLE interface to enter the WiFi Credentials, that can be done through an app like CYSmart or Light Blue. You just need to identify the correct characteristics to write to.
  2. If you want to use the UART Terminal , you can use the UART snip application and get values needed for the below function call. Line 521 in ble_wifi_introducer.c

int result_wifi_join = wifi_join( (char*)wifi_introducer_char_nw_ssid_value , strlen( (char*)wifi_introducer_char_nw_ssid_value), ap_info.security,

wifi_introducer_char_nw_passphrase_value, strlen( (char*)wifi_introducer_char_nw_passphrase_value ), NULL, NULL, NULL );

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

Regards
Winston

Thank you! That's what I was looking for~

0 Likes