Problems installing WiCed Studio/SDK with non-standard Windows "Documents" Folder

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have my "Dcuments" folder on my windows 10 machine redirected to point to a documents folder on my Google stream drive(g:)

The Wiced installer didn't seem to honour my documents folder redurect, and instead installed the sdk by default in:

Windows/user/<me>/documents...

Which is a redundant folder in my system.

I uninstalled, and reinstalled specifying my Google drive documents folder for the SDK. This appeared to work in the sense that the SDK appeared to be installed in the correct place, but the target builds (e.g. Hello sensor) don't seem to work with this configuration. I uninstalled again and reinstalled with default configuration and builds all work again. It appears to me that some of the build paths might not be correctly set up to honour a non-default SDK installation. Can you shed any light on this problem? I would prefer to keep my development files on my Google Drive rather than my local hard drive, if possible. Any advice appreciated.

0 Likes
7 Replies