cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WICED Studio Wi-Fi Combo

WaCu_1902616
New Contributor II

I've been trying to run the WiFi Direct sample application (p2p) in the WICED 2.4.0 SDK but so far without success.  After building and loading the application I am unable to discover the WICED board with my smart phone and see no probe requests when I run a wireless trace.  The console output looks like:

Platform BCM943362WCD4 initialised

Started ThreadX v5.5

Initialising NetX v5.6

Creating Packet pools

Starting Wiced v2.4.0

WWD SDIO interface initialised

WLAN MAC Address : 02:0A:F7:50:BF:8D

STA MAC: 00:00:00:00:00:00

The zero MAC address looks a bit odd, but I haven't touched anything that would affect it.  I've successfully built and run a couple of the other sample applications (scan and ap_clients_rssi) so I know the SDK is installed properly.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is the P2P interface must have a different MAC address than the standard STA or AP interfaces and for modules which do not have an address written into the OTP the SDK will use a randomly generated address with the link-local bit set. The P2P intitialisation reads the STA MAC address and then sets the link-local assuming it has created a unique MAC which is not true for all modules.

A quick, temporary fix is to modify the generated_mac_address.txt file and change:

"macaddr=02:0A:F7:50:BF:8D"

"\x02\x0A\xF7\x50\xBF\x8D"

to

"macaddr=00:0A:F7:50:BF:8D"

"\x00\x0A\xF7\x50\xBF\x8D"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think MAC address is not written into OTP of your module.

You can program it using test.mfg_test application.

Which EVB do you use? Can you ask this someone who you got the board from?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is the P2P interface must have a different MAC address than the standard STA or AP interfaces and for modules which do not have an address written into the OTP the SDK will use a randomly generated address with the link-local bit set. The P2P intitialisation reads the STA MAC address and then sets the link-local assuming it has created a unique MAC which is not true for all modules.

A quick, temporary fix is to modify the generated_mac_address.txt file and change:

"macaddr=02:0A:F7:50:BF:8D"

"\x02\x0A\xF7\x50\xBF\x8D"

to

"macaddr=00:0A:F7:50:BF:8D"

"\x00\x0A\xF7\x50\xBF\x8D"

View solution in original post

WaCu_1902616
New Contributor II

Thanks, that did the trick!!

0 Likes
WaCu_1902616
New Contributor II

We’re using the BCM9WCD1EVAL1 eval board with the BCM943362WCD4 module.

0 Likes