Partner Modules: No distribution. EOL?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChMa_3922746
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received 10 likes given 5 likes given

I was surprised to learn that Partner Modules that use the CYW43907 or CYW54907 are basically not available anywhere in distribution at this time.  When I go to https://www.findchips.com​, and look up the Partner Modules (https://www.cypress.com/products/wireless-mcus), I find zero inventory for the Murata LBWA1UZ1GC-958 ("1GC") and for most others.  I see the an Inventek part (qty 158) in stock, and that's it.

So, the question is:  Without any Partner Modules in distribution, how can one actually build anything?  And, if there are no sales happening, I presume Cypress is going to EOL these devices?  What a shame.

0 Likes
1 Solution
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We have no plans to EOL either the CYW43907 or CYW54907; we have multiple module partners supporting both devices.

Both devices are also supported within the latest release of WICED 6.6 today and the SW team is working on integrating the 54907 into ModusToolbox as we speak.

As WinstonF_61​ mentioned, we have many large customers in production with this family and our Franchised Distributors are the best source for inventory.

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
WinstonF_61
100 likes received 100 sign-ins 50 solutions authored

Hi,

Not sure the Cypress Link you gave, tracks the partners module inventory. But I would suggest that you contact one of our authorized distributors or Cypress sales representative to get the real picture. Here is a link to our franchised distributors, some of them are also authorized to sell Murata & other module vendor parts.

Out of curiosity I checked Digikey for the Murata 1GC it shows inventory of 2K modules in stock. We have several medium to large scale customers in production with this part and some more in the design phase. Internally I am not aware of any discussion on an EOL plan, but I will double check this with the Marketing team and let you know.

Regards

Winston.

Regards
Winston
0 Likes

Thanks very much.  Digikey has zero stock, unfortunately (LBWA1UZ1GC-958 Murata Electronics | RF/IF and RFID | DigiKey ).  I think what you're seeing is a min. order (though I have ordered singles from them in the past).  I will need to contact a local Cypress rep is to see what's up. 

0 Likes

Hi,

1GC_Digikey.png

This is what I see on digikey. LBWA1UZ1GC-901 Murata Electronics | RF/IF and RFID | DigiKey

Hope this helps.

Winston,

Regards
Winston
0 Likes

Thanks so much!  Unfortunately, the -901 module forces the user to employ Murata's "IMP OS" which is not part of the plan.  I appreciate the feedback, though.

It's too bad Cypress doesn't sell just the chip itself, but I understand that there are other technical and logistical reasons to rely on 3rd party module builders.  I just wish the module builders had some inventory!

0 Likes
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

We have no plans to EOL either the CYW43907 or CYW54907; we have multiple module partners supporting both devices.

Both devices are also supported within the latest release of WICED 6.6 today and the SW team is working on integrating the 54907 into ModusToolbox as we speak.

As WinstonF_61​ mentioned, we have many large customers in production with this family and our Franchised Distributors are the best source for inventory.

Mike

0 Likes