OpenOCD Failed, CY8CKIT-WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am unable to run the following target using the PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit:

snip.scan-CY8CKIT_062 download_apps download run

When I build snip.scan-CY8CKIT_062 download_apps download run I receive the following error:

Building apps lookup table

Downloading Bootloader ...

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"

Downloading DCT ...

"**** OpenOCD failed - ensure you have installed the driver from the drivers directory, and that the debugger is not running **** In Linux this may be due to USB access permissions. In a virtual machine it may be due to USB passthrough settings. Check in the task list that another OpenOCD process is not running. Check that you have the correct target and JTAG device plugged in. ****"

Downloading Application ...

Downloading resources filesystem ... build/snip.scan-CY8CKIT_062/filesystem.bin at sector 1  size 96...

tools/makefiles/wiced_apps.mk:308: recipe for target 'FILESYSTEM_IMAGE_DOWNLOAD' failed

make.exe[1]: *** [FILESYSTEM_IMAGE_DOWNLOAD] Error 1

make.exe[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

make: *** [main_app] Error 2

Makefile:349: recipe for target 'main_app' failed

I am able to successfully build a snip.scan example using WICED 6.1.0.85 using two other development boards: Future Electronic's NEB1DX_01 and MurataType1LD. However I have no luck using the CY8CKIT_062.

I start by pressing SW3 on the CY8CKIT-WiFi-BT until LED2 turns off as instructed in the user guide.

User guide: "Press the SW3 switch on the board to change the port settings to CMSIS-DAP."

I never receive any indication within device manager that the port settings are changed however I do see that only LED4 is illuminated. There is a device named "KitProg2 USB-UART".

Information posted in Documents\WICED-Studio-6.1\43xxx_Wi-Fi\build\openocd_log.txt:

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0+dev-00225-ga9a9861c (2018-02-06-09:36)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

Info : auto-selecting first available session transport "swd". To override use 'transport select <transport>'.

adapter speed: 1000 kHz

cortex_m reset_config sysresetreq

cortex_m reset_config vectreset

Error: unable to find CMSIS-DAP device

Is there any explanation of why WICED is unable to find CMSIS-DAP device?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have resolved the issue.

FYI I am using Windows 7.

While the LED2 was "breathing" I uninstalled KitProg2 USB-UART. I had to ensure that Windows would not automatically re-install the drivers:

pastedImage_0.png

I had to manually install the driver by selecting the device in device manager -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Documents\WICED-Studio-6.1\Drivers\Windows\wiced_uart\ -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer -> Uncheck "Show compatible hardware" - > Manufacturer: Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Model: WICED USB Serial Port B

I am successfully able to build snip.scan-CY8CKIT_062 download_apps download run.

Please note I am able to build only while the led is "breathing" which differs than the documentation.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Could you please provide the screenshot of your device manager window?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response, I have re-installed WICED 6.1.0.85 and the error is still occurring. Here is some greater detail on driver information:

Driver status while LED2 is "breathing":

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Driver status while LED2 is solid or off:

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have resolved the issue.

FYI I am using Windows 7.

While the LED2 was "breathing" I uninstalled KitProg2 USB-UART. I had to ensure that Windows would not automatically re-install the drivers:

pastedImage_0.png

I had to manually install the driver by selecting the device in device manager -> Browse my computer for driver software -> Documents\WICED-Studio-6.1\Drivers\Windows\wiced_uart\ -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer -> Uncheck "Show compatible hardware" - > Manufacturer: Cypress Semiconductor Corporation Model: WICED USB Serial Port B

I am successfully able to build snip.scan-CY8CKIT_062 download_apps download run.

Please note I am able to build only while the led is "breathing" which differs than the documentation.