OTA2 set application major/minor version from a file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiMc_1688136
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 50 questions asked 10 solutions authored

Is it possible to set the application Major/Minor version numbers from a file, such as a header, versus defining it in the build target?

I want to go from this build target

Quickprojects.OTA_Test-QuicksilverEval-FreeRTOS-LwIP ota2_image APP_VERSION_FOR_OTA2_MAJOR=1 APP_VERSION_FOR_OTA2_MINOR=2

to

Quickprojects.OTA_Test-QuicksilverEval-FreeRTOS-LwIP ota2_image

and add a header file similar to this

version.h

#define APP_VERSION_FOR_OTA2_MAJOR     1

#define APP_VERSION_FOR_OTA2_MINOR      2

0 Likes
1 Solution

The WICED build system would take values from the makefile wiced_apps.mk and not from .h or .c files. In your case, the .cfg file took the default version values set in wiced_apps.mk. My bad. The major and minor versions are saved in application DCT to allow OTA2 version check during update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Yes. It is possible to set application major/minor version and save it in application DCT section. Please see snip.ota2_example for more details. The versions have been set in ota2_dct_t in ota2_test_dct.c.

Thanks. I believe I tried that and it seemed that the ota image builder application did not populate the major and minor field in the image header. I could of done something wrong so I will take another look at it.

0 Likes

If i set it in the DCT, is it only populated in the DCT, or will it also populate the fields in the OTA2 image header?

0 Likes
NiMc_1688136
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 50 questions asked 10 solutions authored

To followup, I just built it with the version set in the DCT ( Major=0 and Minor=1) and built a ota2_image and the OTA2_image_file.cfg shows 0 for the MAJOR_VERSION and the MINOR_VERSION.

0 Likes

The WICED build system would take values from the makefile wiced_apps.mk and not from .h or .c files. In your case, the .cfg file took the default version values set in wiced_apps.mk. My bad. The major and minor versions are saved in application DCT to allow OTA2 version check during update.

0 Likes