OTA

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BiM_4640481
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi,

I am working on Murata 1LD board in Wiced_Studio. It has an on board external flash of 2MB. OTA update is implemented and the downloaded stripped.elf file is nearly 2MB. I came across 3 partitions in external flash DCT_APP0_INDEX, DCT_APP1_INDEX  and DCT_APP2_INDEX 

Can you tell me the size of each partition?

My new requirement is to download first OTA to DCT_APP0_INDEX. When next OTA happens it should be downloaded in DCT_APP1_INDEX  and so on. Can you give me a clue on how to proceed?

Thanks,

Binsy M S

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Binsy,

The sizes of each partitions are defined as below in the path 43xxx_Wi-Fi/WICED/internal/dct.c 

.dct_header.apps_locations[ DCT_APP0_INDEX ].detail.external_fixed.location      = SFLASH_APPS_HEADER_LOC + sizeof(app_header_t) * DCT_APP0_INDEX,

.dct_header.apps_locations[ DCT_APP1_INDEX ].detail.external_fixed.location      = SFLASH_APPS_HEADER_LOC + sizeof(app_header_t) * DCT_APP1_INDEX,

.dct_header.apps_locations[ DCT_APP2_INDEX ].detail.external_fixed.location      = SFLASH_APPS_HEADER_LOC + sizeof(app_header_t) * DCT_APP2_INDEX,

In the 43xxx_Wi-Fi/tools/makefiles/wiced_config.mk file, SFLASH_APPS_HEADER_LOC=$(APPS_LUT_HEADER_LOC) is defined and by default for CYW43438 platform, APPS_LUT_HEADER_LOC is defined as APPS_LUT_HEADER_LOC := 0x0000.

Also, for your new requirement, if you want to download next OTA to DCT_APP1_INDEX and so on, in the 43xxx_Wi-Fi/libraries/daemons/ota_server/wiced_ota_server.c file, please change DCT_APP0_INDEX to DCT_APP1_INDEX in wiced_framework_app_open() & wiced_framework_set_boot() functions and similarly for DCT_APP2_INDEX,  do the change DCT_APP1_INDEX to DCT_APP2_INDEX in those functions.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 Replies