OTA app Upgraded to WICED 3.3.1 consistently fails

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have upgraded our Over The Air upgrade app(OTA) from WICED 3.1.2 to WICED 3.3.1. The program worked for APP0..APP2 on WICED 3.1.2 and I was hoping to get it to work on FR_APP, or OTA_APP as well. We are hoping to have 4 bootable images stored on 4Mb of serial flash. Unfortunately, even though it is possible to boot to images on FR_APP & OTA_APP with WICED 3.3.1, this OTA download does not work. The same code that ran successfully on WICED 3.1.2 consistently rerequests more data at the end of the run and delivers a corrupted image that won't boot. We are using the ISM43341M4GL44 module on our custom board. Each image is about 600K. The code requests the full 600K image and if needed rerequests any remaining fragment if something goes wrong. I have attached a zip archive with the source in it and pcap files from wireshark for running the same code in the two versions of WICED. Does anyone have any ideas about why it wouldn't work on WICED 3.3.1?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to add the attachment a second time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply