Murata Type1GC AP mode problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
TaKo_1005866
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome!

After starting Type1GC in AP mode, if you connect with STA and ping from STA, AP (Type1GC) reboots irregularly.

<Environment>

WICED: WICED-Studio-6.1.0.85-IDE

Type1GC: Type1GC-Eval Rev B

Platform File: WICED-Studio-6.2_Type1GC

NetX: v5.10_sp3

WLAN Firmware: wl 0: Feb 12 2018 23: 35: 27 version 7.15.168.108 (r683813) FWID 01-81fd72af

WLAN CLM: API: 12.2 Data: 9.10.74 Compiler: 1.31.3 ClmImport: 1.36.3 Creation: 2018-02-12 23: 30: 46

Sample program: apps/test/console

Make Target: test.console-MurataType1GC-NetX download run

<Survey result>

Data abort exception interrupt problem was found, but the cause is unknown.

I did a debug build according to the document "N1-4941_AppNote_Debugging_Rev 1.0.pdf", but did not reproduce the problem.

0 Likes
1 Solution

We used start_ap softAP1 wpa2 abcd1234 1 to start the softAP and used PC as STA. We were able to ping the softAP multiple times using the PC. The current consumption should not change with network stack since it is implemented in software in host. You can consider changing the USB cable or vary the channel number in the start_ap command to check if there is a channel issue. You can also consider testing with different STAs to rule out if the issue is related to a particular STA.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Can you test with SDK 6.2? I set up softAP with type 1GC in channel 1 and used PC as STA to join the AP. I was able to ping without seeing any reboot.

It restarted also in SDK 6.2.

I installed WICED-Studio 6.2.1 Installer (Windows).

However, under the 43xxx_Wi-Fi directory, it is only the tools directory.

Therefore, I imported the 43xxx_Wi-Fi directory of SDK 6.1.

0 Likes

user_343145734 wrote:

I installed WICED-Studio 6.2.1 Installer (Windows).

However, under the 43xxx_Wi-Fi directory, it is only the tools directory.

Then you have installation problem that needs fix first.

0 Likes

I installed it on another PC (Win 7), but only the tools directory was under the 43xxx_ Wi-Fi directory.

The Linux version was installed correctly, but the reboot problem does not improve.

0 Likes
JoYi_1844281
Level 6
Level 6
100 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 likes received

It just my guess ?

Your power supply or USB cable did not provide enough current to your device!

0 Likes

There is a problem when using NetX.

There is no problem when using NetX Duo.

Does NexX consume more current than NetX Duo?

0 Likes

We are unable to reproduce this issue. Can you let us know which device is STA? Is it a WICED device or PC or mobile? If it is a WICED device, which platform was used for testing? Also the softAP is transmitting in which channel?

We used start_ap softAP1 wpa2 abcd1234 1 to start the softAP and used PC as STA. We were able to ping the softAP multiple times using the PC. The current consumption should not change with network stack since it is implemented in software in host. You can consider changing the USB cable or vary the channel number in the start_ap command to check if there is a channel issue. You can also consider testing with different STAs to rule out if the issue is related to a particular STA.